Diagnostic Microbiology of the Immunocompromised Host 2nd Edition
About the e-Book
Diagnostic Microbiology of the Immunocompromised Host 2nd Edition pdf
Strategies for providing optimal care to this high-risk patient group
The immunocompromised patient population is increasing throughout the world. Major advances in transplantation techniques have expanded access to lifesaving therapies and improved outcomes in these high-risk populations. An understanding of the biology of these infections, host conditions, and the limitations of technologies used to detect and quantify such pathogens is critical to optimal care.
This new edition of Diagnostic Microbiology of the Immunocompromised Host covers all aspects of state-of-the-art diagnostics for infectious complications in the immunocompromised patient. Editors Randall Hayden, Karen Carroll, Yi-Wei Tang and Donna Wolk, assembled the contributions of a team of preeminent authors to discuss a broad range of topics, including
- relevant aspects of host biology, antineoplastic, and transplantation techniques and the basis of immunosuppressive conditions ranging from diabetes to age-related immunosuppression
- approaches, interpretations, and limitations of laboratory diagnosis of infections by a wide range of specific etiologic agents
- laboratory diagnosis of infections of specific organ systems, such as respiratory tract infections, gastrointestinal tract infections, and central nervous system infections
- special topics such as prosthetic devices and catheters, healthcare acquired infections, and morphologic considerations (anatomic pathology)
- future diagnostic technologies and their potential impact on the field
Diagnostic Microbiology of the Immunocompromised Host is a resource for laboratory medicine specialists, pathologists, technologists, students, and clinical care professionals who are involved or interested in the care of the immunocompromised host.
This site comply with DMCA digital copyright. We do not store files not owned by us, or without the permission of the owner. We also do not have links that lead to sites DMCA copyright infringement.
If You feel that this book is belong to you and you want to unpublish it, Please Contact us .
Secrets of the ARDMS Vascular Technology Exam Study Guide
The Unfavorable Result in Plastic Surgery